Purpose: When performed correctly, squats will help to strengthen your quadriceps (front of your thighs) and gluteus muscles, and allow them to work together as you jump, kick, or push off your foot while running. Your quads are very important for endurance sports like running, skating, biking, and soccer.
How to do it:
* Stand with both of your feet about shoulder width apart
* Hold your arms out in front of you or across your chest
* Slowly squat down so your knees are bent at a 90 degree angle - as if you are sitting down into a chair
* Don't let your knee caps pass forward in front of your toes
* Come all the way back up and repeat 20 times.