SPORTS IQ VACATION CAMP
This Sports IQ course teaches foundational “between the ears”concepts that are transferable between a multitude of sports. Emphasis is on concepts related to situational recognition, field sense, communication, anticipation, and spatial awareness. While kids learn ball handling skills and gameplay from the different teams/coaches they might be involved with, this Sports IQ course focuses instead on helping them discover the mental aspects of team play.
Examples of topics addressed include (but are not limited to):
● Angles: Offensive and Defensive
● 2 vs. 1 Advantage: Identifying/Creating/Using
● Open Space: Finding/Creating/Using
● “Leading” your Target with Passes
● Defending Unbalanced Situations
● Identifying and Using your Strengths
● Creating/Using Deception
● Effort & Hustle: The Ultimate Secret Weapons
Head Coach: Rich Mok
Dates: Tuesday-Friday, February 16-19, 2016 (February vacation week)
Location: Irving Robbins Middle School Gym
20 Wolf Pit Rd, Farmington, CT
Session 01: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Fee: $99 Farmington Residents, $104 Nonresidents
Session 02: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Fee: $179 Farmington Residents, $189 Nonresidents
All registrations must be completed through Farmington Recreation.
Use Code: 221160